As a community we are committed to upholding our school and Department of Education values to ensure that teachers can teach, students can learn and everyone can be safe:
Respecting ourselves, others, our past and our environment
Accepting challenges and embracing opportunities
Improving by always learning and finding better ways to do things
A culture of high expectations and high achievement
Examples of our values in action:
- Being kind, friendly and polite.
- Being punctual, clean and neatly dressed.
- Stopping and listen to all PA announcements.
- Returning library books on time! Someone else may need them.
- Providing a note to your Home Group teacher for absence, illness, appointments, etc.
- If you fail to do your duties or keep appointments, explain or apologise.
- Never go home early without reporting to the office and signing out.
- ONLY go to the sick room with permission. Report to the office when leaving.
- No short cuts – minding the gardens and being respectful of our environment.
- Caring for furniture and equipment. Reporting any breakages. Leaving our areas as we would like to find them.
- Keeping rooms tidy, whiteboards clean, etc.
- Putting your chair under the desk as you leave the room.
- Using the computers and programs in line with ICT agreement.
- Being resilient and persevering when you are faced with a challenge, don’t give up!
- Asking and answering questions and be willing to share your ideas.
- Working as part of a team and remembering the importance of listening.